Sunday, June 21, 2009

I had better used natures tools in the past,

I never would have had to find the sandals I threw at the sea gulls.

I took Joe, Sophia and one of Joe's friends, Matthew, to the beach today. Never mind that it was totally foggy the whole day- the boys had fun. Anywhoo, the boys set out immediately to go collect rocks and shells along the beach, oh goody. As I'm thinking about how I might secretly dump half of these rocks so I don't have to treck them back to the car, those darn birds start to show up.

The gulls begin tearing appart a "neighbors" lunch and I'm thinking--really? you are this dumb? have you never been to the beach before? Wrap up your damn food! Then my guilt gets to me. Megan, you should do something. Scare the birds away, it's the right thing to do. Well normally I would send Joe in that direction but the crazy child was playing in the water with his friend. Sophie is too small to get it, and I'm huddled under a towel because there is no sun. What to do, throw a sand toy? Ah ha! The rocks! This is great, none of the rocks are too big and I won't have to go get them after I throw them at the gulls. Yes, I was careful not to throw towards other people.

This revalation was amazing. I mean duh! But seriously, I just kept the little rock bucket next to me the rest of the day scaring the birds away from us and the niegboring blankets. Occasionally the birds though I was throwing food at them though, they would trie to eat the rocks-it was really funny.

Never underestimate the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment