Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I had thought to lubricate,

my brownie cookies wouldn't have been practically impossible to get off the pan. Other than that they were "practically perfect in every way"

Ever since February I have been making cake cookies because they were featured on Bakerella. They are so easy and so yummy. We (well maybe I) have even dubbed fun-fetti mix with rainbow chip frosting (because this is VERY different that fun-fetti frosting!!) to be "Birthday cake cookies". Anywhoo, I started thinking "hmmm brownie mix, would that work the same way?" So yesterday I tried it out. I got the Fresh and Easy box mix for brownies (no trans fat hunny!) got my butter out on the counter-waited a few hours for it to soften- and set off to make brownie cookies.

Everything started off the same as the cake cookies. I mixed the eggs (2) butter (1 stick) and box of mix. Set my oven to 350, dolloped out the batter onto cookie sheets, poped one in the oven and waited 10min. I took them out and thought the next batch could go a little under. As I started to take the cookies off I realized how hard brownies can be to get out of the pan and thought "duh! I should have used Pam or something" Well I got the cookies off eventually- some better than others. They taste awesome, I think. Just like brownies but in cookie form.

If you like really thick and not chewy brownies these are not for you. but I think they are chocolatey (and I don't like chocolate cookies) chewy (which is important for me in a cookie) and practically perfect in every way! (next time I think I'll use a silpat though)

No comments:

Post a Comment