Thursday, April 23, 2009

everyone's significat other made them listen to NPR,

...then they would know what I'm talking about here.

So my husband and I were listening to NPR-as we almost always do when he is in the car- and there was a segment of "this is just to say poems". They were quite funny "non"apologies based on:
This Is Just To Say
by William Carlos Williams

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

He wrote one and thought he was quite clever. So I was procrastinating my household duties ,to then later of course complain about there not being enough time in the day, as per usual and decided to "write" my own poem to him. I emailed it to him today and he quite enjoyed it. Though I don't know how much he will still enjoy it when he finds all of the laundry sitting on the bed-folded- and me asking for help to put it all away. Any-who here it is:

This is just to say

I still haven’t
put the laundry
away that is
in the basket

which you
were probably searching
through for socks
this morning.

Forgive me,
the couch and
computer were so inviting
and the weather so glum.

Let it be know that I am no poet! Also, the laundry is no longer in the basket (woo hoo!) but folded and waiting for hangers and to be put into its home.

No comments:

Post a Comment