Thursday, May 28, 2009

the boxed Sprinkles cupcake mix, was a good as the real thing,

I wouldn't still have half of them on my counter.

Oh and by half, I mean six. Yes, the boxed mix only makes 12 cupcakes! Although I still enjoy them, there is something about the ones that "they" make that is just oh so much better. I do get it that however much they are charging for a cupcake is absurd, but not really. I mean have you ever had one? Have you ever noticed how you can NEVER make cupcakes taste that good at home- no matter what box they are from (hmm maybe I should try some from scratch...). Sprinkles cupcakes are damn good and I think that is irrefutable. On a side not-I have never paid for one personally, in fact the only time I have ever had them is when my mom snuck home a dozen for me from a friend's 50th birthday party. We had like 5 different kinds, and I would eat a half of a cupcake a day- they were all AMAZING. And they weren't bad 4 days old either.

So sadly I say to you, the $14 cupcake mix (which only makes 12) is NO better that the $1.50 Betty Crocker stuff at Target. Now the icing recipe... mmmmmmmm! Definately better than canned. Unless of course you are talking about my birthday cake, then I would like boxed yellow cake with caned chocolate frosting, but only if you make it a day in advance and leave it out on the counter over night to get the proper "crust" on the frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment