Thursday, May 14, 2009

the dishes and laundry weren't my arch nemesis

I might actually get them done.

Now I understand that one usually fights their nemesis right? A true hero would do everything in their power to stop him/her/them. However, the lowley human that I am is no match for these two dueling chores.

In our house we usually go by the rules: whoever cooks does not clean. Makes sense right? However there are days that when I cook Tim says at night: I'll do them tomorrow. Right... And that happens only if I can stand looking at them all day, if it is a day I have off- fat chance. Also, this week Tim has cooked every night. This means dish duty for me. And not fun dish duty either. I have been tired all week and leaving them for the next day, which makes it worse. Ugh!

The laundry is another story. It is my fight and my fight alone (except when I can beg help). I HATE LAUNDRY! It never ends, the process takes too long and folding/ hanging little kids clothes sucks. Sure I can throw the stuff in the wash, switch it to the dryer and proceed to put it in a basket or on the couch in either our room or in the living room. But it will stay there for days, literally. I can't stand folding it and putting it away-grrrrr. I would rather -gasp- do the dishes than fold the laundry.

I give up Nemesis you win... so can I stop the battle now?

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, those are the only 2 chores that I actually enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete