Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I could tell the difference between cilantro and parsley,

I wouldn't keep buying the wrong one!

Seriously this is bout the 3rd time in a week and a half I have bought cilantro instead of parsley for the dinner dish- first for the chicken picata, then the chicken marsala and now my balsalmic glazed drumsticks. Luckily it is always a garnishy type thing but still-haven't I learned yet? I swear I do go to the store and think I HAVE TO GET PARSLEY. I even looked at the price tag and got the herb below the one that said "flat leaf Italian parsley". However, I am at home, finishing up my chicken by chopping up the parsley to find myself thinking-"hmm, this smells a bit like soap". So, I look at the twist tie and sure enough CILANTRO. Ahhhhhh!!

Screw your garnishes food network, I'm done!

5 comments:

  1. I totally did the same thing today and now I have a bunch of cilantro and no clue what to do with it. The store totally labled it as flat leaf parsley too!

    I was googling for how to tell the difference and your site popped up, lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use it to make guacamole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cilantro is good for ur health. it helps ur digestive system and helps eliminate metals/toxins from the body. so keep using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really funny, as I have the dames Opposite problem! I need cilantro and have apparently bought Italian parsley instead for like the THIRD time! Grrrrr!

    Found your post while googling how to tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete