Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I wasn't allergic to strawberries,

I wouldn't have nasty red bumps that ooze on my ring fingers.

At least I think I'm allergic to strawberries. So this is a fairly new development, though not as new as my revelation. After I had Sophie and had put my rings back on-pregnancy bloat can make your rings not fit anymore :( - I began to get these weird red bumps on both of my ring fingers- starting with my right hand. I took off my Grandmother's rings and it seemed to help- it was also turning to fall quickly (non-strawberry season). The next spring/summer, I had to take off my rings because the nasty bumps began appearing on my left hand. I thought that perhaps I developed an allergy to white gold or something, but I have had the rings off for MONTHS and low and behold- nasty red oozing bumps.

I first discovered this on Monday night. Tim had bought me chocolate covered strawberries (two of my favorite things) for Mother's day, so I did the only I could do- I ate them. Well a big one dripped on my hand (not surprising) the juice ended up in between my right ring and pinky finger. Not ten minutes laters- red bumps! I could not beleive it. So the idiot that I am brought strawberries to the Zoo and um well today, nasty red ozing bumps on both ring fingers. This leads me to believe I have developed an allergy. Wierd b/c strawberries usually give you a rash around your mouth or make your throat close up if you are allergic to them (Keneth the page), but it can not be the rings! So, proabably no more strawberries for me :(

Next step, get the rings cleaned and re-rounded (one is kid of ovular from me banging it on the counter)!

No comments:

Post a Comment