Monday, May 11, 2009

we hadn't had so much fun at Disneyland yesterday...

I wouldn't have woken up tired, gone to the gym sore already, had to listen to my six year old talk even faster than normal on the way to school and well, I wouldn't have had so much fun at Disneyland Yesterday!

I decided that I wanted to go to Disneyland this Mother's day. I wanted to just watch the kids have fun and be at Disneyland. Unfortunately, my mom didn't go with us, however, Tim's mom did come.

After grabbing lunch at subway at 7:15 in the morning, getting some severely unhealthy breakfast sandwiches and Mickey D's, we picked up Madeline and were off. Well, sort of. We got two exits down the freeway and Tim asked if we had the tickets. So, we got off, went back, got the tickets, and then were off. The traffic was not bad since it was a Sunday morning, so we made good time. We got in and parked on the first level, score! (only our spot was in the 3rd to last in it's row, and second to last in the structure- we had a ways to go to get to the tram) Ah the Disneyland tram, that wonderful device that drives you to the gates, that magical ride that let's you know you are almost there, that TERRIFYING thing that makes you scream and want to run- at least in Sophie's opinion. She hated it, wanted nothing to do with it. It was so sad, here was her first Disneyland experience and she wanted O-U-T.

Well, we got into the park, put lunch and a bag in the locker and were off to the Matterhorn as per Joe's request. Let me tell you Sophia-and all of us- were lucky that she was just too short to go on-that would have been hell. Anywhoo, next up was Nemo. I was so excited for her, since this is her favorite movie-well only movie other than Wall-E that she watches. Of course the little scarredy cat didn't want to get on at first, but once we saw the Nemo characters she was into it! We proceeded to Star Tours (which my lameness prohibits me from going on now) where Sophie and I shopped for those twirly light things for her and Joe-she got a Cinderella and he got a stitch. We went on many more rides, ate lunch, more rides and then as Joe was saying he wanted to do Haunted Mansion I told him that it was the last Jedi Training session in 20 min so if we wanted to do that we would have to go on the Haunted Mansion later. He grudgingly said o-k.

Let me tell you it was SOOOooooOo worth it. We got situated Joe behind a dad and son and us in the back (while Tim went for Pineapple whip). Then the boy Joe was kind of behind scooter closer to his dad making it harder for Joe to see but opening up a spot where he could fit in the front. As I went to tell Joe he could sit next to the boy and two others, the "other" mom stretched out her feet right in that spot. I was bumped for him but it wasn't starting yet so I thought -maybe she'll offer to have him come sit up closer since he is behind another family. Ha! that's funny! Just as the whole "training" was about to start and all of the kids were standing up getting ready to try to get picked (they pick about 20 kids to come on stage wear robes get light sabers and "train" to be Jedi), I asked the mom if Joe could sit next to/stand next to her sons so he could see better- not too much to ask right? This is for the kids right? Um, guess not. She said no. What?!?! So I said "Oh, ok, thanks" -kind of snotty but I think that was my prerogative. So her husband nudged her and said- "sure, have him come up here"- decent fellow that man. So Joe get's up there and while all of the other kids are jumping and screaming and waving their hands, my "Stepford" child stands tall and raises his hand waiting quietly to be picked. They picky kids on both sides and I'm trying to tell Joe to get excited and wave his hands. He waves his hands a little and gets picked- YAY!!! How fun, so cute! Then I think - "CRAP" those other two boys have not been picked- shit! So when they start picking kids from our area I'm waving behind them and pointing thinking "please, please pick one of them, I really don't want the dirty looks that are going to be shooting my way". Thank goodness one of them got picked- phew! Needless to say it was very cool, the kids "trained", then go to fight Darth Vader and even got a "diploma"!

We continued out Disneyland journey- Oh, Tim did get his Pineapple Whip and made it back in time to see Joe, though not next to us because of the crowed, but was unimpressed with his treat. We wasted some time-unfortunately-in Inventions (not as cool as it was a few years ago). Sophie and Joe both got to "drive" Autopia cars and then we went into Fantasyland.

We did the carousel, Snow White and Dumbo. Interesting this about the Dumbo ride- there were two Tim's. Yes not twoDumbo's, two TIM's. I swear his twin was there you will just have to look at the pictures. We were in line and Tim says to me "look at the guy in the green sweatshirt behind you". It was creepy. It was Tim with his over grown hair, shaven with the goatee and about 4inches taller. I proceded to take sneaky pictures from the back which I'm sure he noticed.

After this we still hadn't made are way to Pirates or the Haunted Masion so that was next. Upon exiting the Haunted Mansion-where Sophia fell asleep from pure exhaustion, we hear "the Disneyland fireworks show will begin in 15 minutes" Wait, WHAT?!? That means it is past 9 o'clock, we so hadn't planed on staying that late but oh, well (oh we had pizza for dinner at the Pizza port-not bad). So, Madeline had wanted to treat to dessert and we decided sundaes and fireworks were a good idea. We found a spot where you had to crane a bit to see near the carnation cafe and waited for Tim to come back with ice cream. Well at 9:23 (the fireworks start at 9:25) Tim comes back with no ice cream- the line was far too long, too amny people with the same idea. Oh, well. So then we hear that it is going to be delayed so Madeling jumped up to get the ice cream- this time no line, too many people were thinking like Tim. So we have ice cream and are watching fireworks when a spot with a better view opens up for Joe and Madeline- PERFECT! The show is a-mazing, seriously.

Well after that we were definately ready to hit the road, when low and behold Timmy's clone apears again. We contemplated shortly then went up and asked for a side by side picture- you know we would be kicking ourselves if we hadn't.

Well it was an awesome day and if only I weren't so tired I might have elaborated more, but then you would have had to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment